Saturday, September 7, 2013

Bye Bye Dry Hair

I have very thick and curly hair and it soaks up anything I put on it then goes bone dry. Ive tried multiple moisturizers, none costing more the $10 because I'm broke, and they make my hair feel great when I first put them on but within a hour or two my hair is back dry. So one day I tried something that I saw on a blog and guess what it worked! So what magical thing did I do to keep my hair moisturized throughout the day??????
I added raw shea butter and extra virgin coconut oil. This is what I did

1. I started with my moisturizer of choice, Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie and the raw shea butter and extra virgin coconut oil.




2. I put some shea butter and coconut oil in a bowl and microwave it for about 30 seconds.(I used to melt it by putting it in a container and letting it sit in hot water but that takes a lot longer
3.I take it out and mix it together. The coconut oil will be almost or completely melted and the shea butter will be softened or a little melted.
 
4. I took half of the jar of the shea moisture and put in a container.
 
5. Finally I mix it all together until its nice and smooth.
 
I apply this to my hair with any style that i am doing and it keeps my hair moisturized and amazing!




No comments:

Post a Comment