Thursday, August 22, 2013

Shea Moisture Hair Color

During the warmer seasons I like to have some type of color in my hair so I had previously lightened the front of my hair with a different hair coloring system and it left my hair feeling like every other dye, waxy and frizzy. I decided that I  didn't want to use a regular permanent dye again on my hair even if I go to the salon. Well I went to the salon and they had an ammonia free dye but they quoted me $150 for the dye job and y'all know I'm broke so I didn't schedule that appointment but luckily for me I found out that same day that Shea Moisture came out with hair dyes so I was like yesssss and I bought it. I wanted to get the best color outcome I could so I washed my hair with shampoo to strip everything i had on my hair off then i waited 24 hours (yes I looked rough for a day). This color comes in a beautiful package first off and it has the option of applying it with a bottle or with a brush, I felt like a hair dresser and this wasn't my first dye job so I chose the brush. NOW IF YOU HAVE VERY TIGHTLY CURLED/COILED HAIR THAT SOAKS UP PRODUCT YOU WILL NEED TWO BOXES OF DYE! MY ROOMMATE DYED HER HAIR WITH JUST ONE BOX AND SHE GOT FULL COVERAGE AND HER CURLS ARE LOOSER THAN MINE AND HER HAIR IS ALMOST ARMPIT LENGTH. I started to run out of dye when I got to my last portion of my hair and I wasn't able to go back and do my roots (when you are dying your hair at home do the middle and end of your hair strands first then go back and do the roots bc your roots take the fastest to color bc its fresh hair). The shampoo, conditioner, and oil that come with the dye are by Shea Moisture's repair line and they are awesome. My hair felt so soft after I was finished and the color was popping honey! It lasted for a good amount of time until I decided to change my hair color again. I would so recommend this product to any natural looking for a hair change on a budget!

These were my results

No comments:

Post a Comment