Saturday, January 25, 2014

Treating dandruff with: apple cider vinegar

I have always suffered from severe dandruff since I started puberty and it just seems to get worse as I get older especially in the winter months when the air is so dry and this winter has been the worst. After scratching my scalp to the point were I was constantly breaking skin I was ready to make an appointment with a dermatologist. I decided to try one last thing before I had to fork over a lot of money.

First I did some research on dandruff to get more info on it. Dandruff is the excessive shedding of the skin in the scalp. It is hypothesized that for people with dandruff, skin cells may mature and be shed in 2–7 days, as opposed to around a month in people without dandruff. Dandruff can be caused by different things its most common causes are; dry skin, irritated, oily skin, not shampooing often enough, psoriasis, eczema, sensitivity to hair care products, or a yeast-like fungus.

So if you are experiencing dandruff I would recommend stopping the use of any new products to see if that is the cause because you might be allergic to it. If that fails then you can start trying natural ways to treat it.

Unfortunately  you can't cure dandruff because your skin has to shed but you can treat it.
One of the ways I found online is the apple cider vinegar rinse. I bought the organic brand because I didn't want to be cheap and have it not work as well. So here is what you do:
1. Wash your hair with SHAMPOO.
 If you have dandruff you need to get a dandruff shampoo or something with no sulfates. After you work the shampoo into your head let it sit in your hair for another 5 minutes so it can have time to work (I felt a big difference letting it sit in)

2.After your washing process is done and you have rinsed everything out mix one part apple cider vinegar and one part water and pour it on your scalp. AVOID GETTING IT IN YOUR EYES. IF YOU HAVE ANY OPEN SCARS ON YOUR SCALP IT WILL BURN

3. Let the vinegar sit it your hair for a little bit.
By letting the mixture sit you are giving it a chance to kill any fungus that can cause dandruff. I let it sit in my hair for at least 15 minutes. I did a t shirt turban so I wouldn't drip all over the place.

4. Rinse it out
This process will sink like hell but after your rinsed hair dries it does not smell like vinegar.

After I do this process I coat my scalp and hair with coconut oil (another tip i found)

The website says to do this every day but that is too much washing so I have been doing it once a week. I saw a reduce in dandruff the first time and after 3 days I haven't seen a flake (that's very rare). I plan on bringing the process down to every other week with co washing in between if all else goes well.

If you want more natural ways to treat dry scalp of dandruff this is the link where I found all of my info
www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Dandruff





No comments:

Post a Comment